Are you spending more time within your own four walls than you have in a long time? Us too! You're working from home, studying from home, and even your regular workouts take place on a yoga mat in the living room. Admittedly, we've been neglecting our hair and it’s now taken on a life of its own. This is all well and good, but what if your work colleagues suddenly call you out of the blue? No problem! We'll show you three quick styling ideas that will enable you to tame your hair in no time at all.
Do you just yank a brush through your hair and that’s it? Be honest - has this been your morning routine as of late? It's understandable since we’ve all been spending a lot of time at home at the moment, so sometimes our hair will go without a wash for a day or two longer than usual. But if you want to be well styled when going to the store, during your daily walk through the park or for a spontaneous video call, we have three quick styling ideas for you.
Does your hair still look shiny, but somehow a bit lackluster, and you don't want to spend 20 minutes in front of the mirror just for a quick walk to the grocery store? Then the messy bun is just the right hairstyle for you.
- Brush your hair thoroughly. Comb it back into a high ponytail and secure with a thin hair tie. Be careful not to tie the ponytail too tightly.
- Now wrap the ponytail around itself so it winds itself into a bun, and then fix it in place with bobby pins. Pluck a few strands out of the bun to create a messy look.
- Twirl a strand or two out at the front of your hair so they hang down to the side and frame your face.
- The last step is to fix your bun with a little hairspray and if you like, place a colorful scrunchie around the knot - this makes it look like you've put more effort in.
Your boss said she's going to video call you in 5 minutes and you realize you should have washed your hair yesterday? No need to panic. A simple braided hairstyle is perfect for this and will have you looking stylish in no time.
- Braided hairstyles are easiest to style when your hair isn't freshly washed since you can grip the strands more easily when braiding.
- First apply some dry shampoo to your hair to absorb any excess oil. The shampoo will also give your hair more grip. Then run your fingers through your hair so that the product is distributed well.
- Brush your hair thoroughly and toward the back.
- Now divide the top of your hair into three strands and braid it by placing the left and right strands alternately under the middle strand.
- From time to time, take some extra hair from the sides and incorporate it into the braid.
- Braid all your hair and fix at the end with a hair tie and some hairspray.
Tip: If you dampen your braid overnight and add some oil, you will wake up with curls the next day when you undo the braid.
Loose Low Ponytail
You've just finished your yoga workout at home and want to get some fresh air? There's no point in spending ages styling your hair if you plan to jump in the shower once you return home. This is where the low ponytail comes in.
- Comb your hair thoroughly and massage some volume powder into the roots.
- Choose whether you want a middle part or a side part.
- Tie the ponytail as far down your neck as possible using a thin hair tie and make sure that you don't tie it too tightly.
- Pluck loose strands of hair from the front of your hair. If you have time, you can also curl them with a straightening iron or curling iron. Don't forget to use heat protection before you do this.
- Fix the hairstyle with some hairspray and you're done!