Heidi Klum was born in a mid-sized town in Germany called Bergisch-Gladbach. For quite a few years now, she made the USA her home and became a US citizen in 2008. Ambitious young Germans look to her for clues on how to break into the international show business. The secret may be her creativity combined with the discipline of a successful business woman. She tries her hand on many small and large projects. In her glamorous style, she attends and hosts many spectacular and small events like her traditional Halloween party. Recently, she added writing to her arsenal of talents. She wrote a book for children about little Heidi and the tooth fairy. The title is “Der kleine schwarze Wackelzahn“ (The Little Black Loose Tooth).
Heidi Klum’s Hairstyles
Heidi Klum models the lifestyle many women strive for. This also extends to her hairstyles. She likes to keep her hair at chin-length or longer. We see her with long bobs, layered haircuts with full fringes, and soft wavy hair. She also likes plain hairstyles like semi-updos with looped sides, the wet look and sleek ponytail variations. Among her more elaborate hairstyles are the high-volume chignon, updos with twirled hair elements and retro style finger waves.
Heidi Klum did not just show off her three-segment ponytail at the 2013 Emmy Awards, this year she also received one of the coveted trophies for her outstanding performance as moderator of the reality show 'Project Runway'. It is her first Emmy Award, and she certainly looked like the image of success in her glistening pomegranate-red gown and the segmented ash blonde ponytail. The simplicity of this hairstyle worked its magic. The lofty volume, a few stray strands of hair casually wrapped around the three scrunchies gave the ponytail a festive, almost elegant note. Simply follow our step-by-step instructions. You can’t go wrong with this ponytail for all occasions.
Styling Tools to Create the Segmented Ponytail:
Styling mousse, 3 thin scrunchies, bobby pins, a comb, a tail comb, hairspray or extra gloss hairspray
Hair Tutorial: Instructions for Styling Heidi Klum’s Segmented Ponytail
1. After shampooing apply styling mousse to your hair and blow-dry it.
2. Use a scrunchy to gather your hair from above the forehead, the crown of your head and the side hair above your ears high in the back of your head.
3. Tease the first part of the ponytail and use the comb to shape the first loop of the ponytail. Pull out a wide strand of hair and wrap it around the scrunchy. A hidden bobby pin secures the end of this strand.
4. Now gather the remaining hair and gather it into another ponytail close to the neck hairline. Slightly pull up the hair from the top ponytail to increase its volume and repeat step 3.
5. Finally, wrap another scrunchy around the middle of your hair below the neckline. Again, slightly pull up the hair above the scrunchy to create more volume. Wrap a strand of hair around the scrunchies to hide them. Hairspray will provide the necessary hold. Use extra-gloss hairspray to add more lustre to your hair.