Essentially all French women know how to be stylish and chic, while still looking effortlessly cool. French hairstyling, too, has an air of nonchalance. French hair is styled – but never looks too styled. Think: Hair that’s just spent a relaxed afternoon on the Champs-Elysées. Schwarzkopf stylist Armin Morbach has reinterpreted this bright and breezy attitude for one of his TrendLooks 2019 with a casual chignon, styled cool. Check out the look on Nadja Auermann, one of Germany’s most successful supermodels. “This chignon is very modern – it's not about perfection. With a little volume powder and hairspray, the hair looks good even on day two.” French Glam is a glamorous look for every day – not just for fancy occasions!
What makes the TrendLook French Glam so wearable
- Hair doesn’t hug your head smoothly. Instead, the roots are super voluminous. How? Tease up some volume – easy!
- Can’t get all the strands where you want them? No problem! That's what makes this look so stylishly casual.
- Keep things looking a little unintentional: Don’t tuck all the loose ends into your chignon. A few ends sticking out make for a cool finish.
Want to recreate the French Glam style? It’s so easy:
- For full roots, first: Tease. A tail comb and hairspray will help. Pin this teased section out of the way for now.
- Comb one of the two side sections of hair back, securing at the center of the back of your head with bobby pins.
- Now take the remaining side section, gather at the back of your head, and roll it under on itself. Secure with bobby pins. Remember: It’s OK if there’s some hair sticking out here and there. This makes the style perfectly imperfect.
- Now shake out the teased section, gather at the back of your head, and pin in place with bobby pins. The resulting quiff gives the look a pinch of rock ‘n’ roll.
- To get it just the right amount of messy: Use your fingertips to slightly loosen up the quiff and side sections.
- Finally, finish with hairspray. This will help your TrendLook to last the night – and even the next day!
Want to know more about the Schwarzkopf TrendLooks 2019? Check out the video below, where Stylist Armin Morbach reveals details about his custom-created styles: