Gel Hairstyles: Slick!
While long hair mostly appears wet only at the hairline with the gel trend, the slick styling goes all the way to the tips with short cuts.
Hairstyle hint: You have the shimmer. This means products with extra shine effect are ideal.
How to get the slick look:
1. Smooth down the hair with a hazelnut-sized amount of sleek gel.
2. Repeat the process until all the hair is smoothed against the head.
3. Use a fine-toothed comb to create the final, even style.
Hint: Defined ends on the forehead give the sleek style a hip finish.
Gel Hairstyles: Smooth Waves
The perfect wave: With long hair, style the fringe in a sweeping wave. Reminiscent of the hair look from the golden twenties. Today’s wave is quick to do. A gel with strong hold is what you need, the rest just takes practice.
Swing it like this:
1. Brush the hair smooth and form a side parting
2. Tie it into a ponytail at the back of the neck and secure everything with hairspray
3. Distribute some hair gel on your hands and spread it over the hairline and lengths – making the entire mane shine
4. Form the fringe into a large wave over the forehead, working some more gel into the hair if needed. Secure with a bobby pin and allow to dry slightly
5. Spray again with hairspray and remove the styling aid (pin) – finished!
Gel Hairstyles: Like Wash & Go
Not all gel hairstyles are slick: The wet look also works really well in the undone style! The casual look sets itself apart with structured volume. A gel wax that defines and holds at the same time is best for whipping the hair into shape.
How it’s done: First tease the hair a bit on the crown and then knead the styling product into the entire mane until you have the desired effect.
Hint: Gel wax at the hairline gives the style additional volume and perfects the wet look.