Richard Gere or George Clooney without gray hair - unthinkable. Mature men and women are increasingly owning their gray hair and showing it off proudly. Visibly aging in style is on trend like never before. And why not - after all, there are at least five good reasons to be relaxed about gray hair.
Five reasons to embrace every gray hair:
- According to a survey by a German market research institute, eight in ten women find gray hair attractive on men.
- Older men with gray hair benefit from the so-called Clooney effect. This well-known phenomenon describes the effect silver foxes like George Clooney have on women. Gray hair oozes maturity, calmness and life experience.
- Gray hair lends men an air of authority and security. A man with gray hair knows what to do and is trusted more - this can be a decisive advantage, especially in business.
- Gray hair is generally associated with competence, financial security and coolness.
- Last but not least, gray hair shows the world that you are aging gracefully.
Best of all, with the right styling and a modern haircut, men with gray hair can give their appearance a youthful twist and stylishly show how modern gray hair can be.
The best ways to style gray hair
- Try a trendy gray Undercut. Since the undercut is a fashionable haircut, this style offers a youthful update for gray hair - ideal for young men who go gray prematurely.
- Another cool option for gray hair is the Buzzcut. The super-short hair trend of 2017 takes a bit of courage, which is certain to be rewarded with compliments.
- Medium-length gray hair is incredibly attractive on men. Celebrities like Charles Schumann and Jeff Bridges show us how it's done, with a cool Bro Flow.
Why you should dye your hair gray
Those who haven't turned gray yet can get the look artificially. Dyed gray hair has long been a trend with female fashion bloggers and celebrities. Gray hair framing a young face is irritating and attracts attention. One tip: Dye your hair gray and combine it with a modern style like a buzzcut or undercut. Find a Schwarzkopf Professional stylist, who can advise you on how to achieve the best gray color result, through our Salon Finder.