Styling Winona Ryder’s Teased Ponytail
- At the opening of her movie 'The Iceman', Winona Ryder dazzled with this large teased ponytail
- © Getty Images
Photographers love to capture the sweet image of Winona Ryder with her light complexion, dark hair, large brown eyes, and the enchanting smile. Winona Ryder knows how to captivate her audience. We particularly liked her teased ponytail. See in our hair tutorial how you can style this ponytail version
Winona Ryder is a consummate professional actress who works only with the best Hollywood directors and producers like Tim Burton, Jim Jarmusch, and Francis Ford Coppola. She starred side by side with famous performers like Anthony Hopkins, Meryl Streep, and Glenn Close. Winona Ryder is part of a group of successful seasoned actresses, which includes Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman.
Winona Ryder was born Winona Laura Horowitz. Her parents named her after the city in which she was born (Winona in Minnesota). After her film debut in 1986, she won commercial attention and critical acclaim for her role in ‘Beetlejuice’. Recently, Winona Ryder reclaimed her spot at the top of the movie scene and we like her movies and her looks. The star wears her 41 years well in the movies and on the red carpet.
Winona Ryder started out as a blonde actress but soon discovered that dark hair enhanced her special appeal. Together with her large brown eyes and the bright red lips the dark hair gives her a unique appearance. The US American actress certainly has style, which she expresses in the ease of her appearances and with her wardrobe and hairstyle choices. We particularly like the way she wears her teased ponytail. You may like to try our instructions and style your version of her high-volume ponytail.
Styling tools for the Winona Ryder teased ponytail:
A curling iron with a small rod (in case your hair is not curly), volumising shampoo, curling mousse, volumising powder, a scrunchy, hair slides
Hair Tutorial: Winona Ryder’s Teased Ponytail
1. Use volumising shampoo to wash your hair.
2. If nature did not give you curls work curling mousse through your towel-dry hair and use a curling iron with a small rod to create soft waves. Simply roll thin strands of hair around the curling iron rod and allow the hair to warm for a short time. Then release the curl and allow it to cool.
3. Lift individual strands of hair on the crown of you head and apply some volumising powder to the underside of the strand near the hair roots. This provides the necessary bounce. For even more bounce you may want to use your fingers to tease your hair on the crown of your head.
4. Use your fingers to create a short middle parting, which slants to one side toward the crown of your head. Now you are ready to gather your hair in a loose low ponytail in the centre back of your head. You may want to pull a few strands of hair over your ear.
5. You can create more volume on top and toward the back of your head by slightly pushing your hair up from the base of the ponytail. Use your fingers to shape your hair around the scrunchy. The style should remain laid-back, loose, and unpretentious.
6. Finally, hide the scrunchy underneath a thin strand of hair, which you can pull out of the ponytail and fix using a hair pin or slide. You may like to tease the hair in the ponytail using your fingers.
In his video, hair expert Armin Morbach demonstrates how to create a teased ponytail with straight hair.
Video: How to Style a Teased Ponytail