Creating Victoria Beckham's Soft Curls
- Style icon Victoria Beckham dazzles with long shiny corkscrew curls
- © Getty Images
Aside from her business prowess, fashion designer, model, and singer Victoria Beckham shows a lot of style. Here she shows one of her impressively elegant hairstyles. Soft shiny corkscrew curls fall over her left shoulder. No superfluous style elements interrupt the flow of her hair. The simplicity enhances the beauty of her hair. We explain in our hair tutorial how you can create this style
Victoria Beckham grew up in Harlow/Essex. Early in her life, she learned to strive for excellence. Right now, her business and private life include activities in Europe and the USA. From the get go, conditions were favourable for Victoria Beckham. Growing up with doting affluent parents certainly gave her good start. Between 1994 and 2000 she performed as singer with the Spice Girls. The British pop music magazine Top of the Pops called her 'Posh Spice'. She readily accepted the nickname 'Posh', which seems to fit her to a tee.
Soon she was internationally recognised as Spice Girl and later as solo singer and then also as fashion model and designer of Jeans fashion. Soccer star David Beckham was one of her admirers and later became her husband. Meanwhile, the couple moved from success to success.
Today, Victoria Beckham runs a growing business and shines especially as designer and model earning well-deserved accolades in the fashion world. Steadily, she developed her style with clean simple lines and subdued colours. The classic yet modern 'Beckham' look is well-known in the fashion world. Her hairstyles tend to be as simple and beautiful as her fashion designs. The simple side-swept corkscrew curls are an excellent example of her unassuming but always beautiful style. With all the success and notoriety, the Beckhams’ raise four children.
In our step by step instructions, we show how to create the hairstyle modelled above by Victoria Beckham.
Required Tools for Creating the Victoria Beckham Corkscrew Curls:
The hairstyle requires long hair for the silky side-swept corkscrew curls, which softly flow over one shoulder.
You need a curling iron to create the corkscrew curls and heat protectant to preserve the healthy glow of your hair. Hair oil increases the supple flow and shine. Use hairstyle for the desired hold.
Hair Tutorial: Creating the Hairstyle Modelled by Victoria Beckham
1. Create a short side parting and comb your hair while sweeping it over one of your shoulders.
2. Apply heat protectant spray to the lower half of your hair before you create the corkscrew curls using the curling iron.
3. Partition your hair into medium-sized strands. Strand by strand, wind the lower half of your hair around the rod of the curling iron and expose it to its moderate warmth for about five to ten seconds. The top part of your hair will remain straight.
4. Gently remove the curling iron from the strands of hair. Repeat the curling step if the curls are not tight enough for corkscrew curls.
5. Use your fingers to shape the curls and place them over one of your shoulders. Using your fingers rather than a comb or brush gives the elegant hairstyle a relaxed note.
6. Distribute a trace (!) of hair oil in the palms of your hands and apply the oil from the roots to the ends of your hair. Aside from intensifying the lustre of your hair, the hair oil also provides hair care.
7. Hairspray gives the hairstyle the necessary hold.