Instruction: Jennifer Lawrence’s Hairstyle
- Sun queen: With this relaxed updo, Jennifer Lawrence is the star at any (summer) party!
- © Getty Images
Hollywood’s new superstar not only proves her talent on the silver screen, her style is also made for the movies. The heroine of 'The Hunger Games' garners plenty of praise for the look of her hair: glamorous, classy, but entirely uncomplicated as well, just like Jennifer Lawrence herself. We tell you how you can create this Oscar-worthy hairstyle yourself with ease
Radiant winner: Jennifer Lawrence has already made a screenplay career in her young years! She held her first Oscar in her hands at the age of 22 – awarded for her leading role in the movie 'Silver Linings'. And this without having gone to acting school. Previously the Oscar winner played parts in popular television series such as Monk, Cold Case and Medium. The American was even seen in the grand X-Men films ('First Class' and 'Days of Future Past'). But it was her leading role in the science fiction trilogy 'The Hunger Games' that marked her final breakthrough to world renown. For the last but one part of the success story, 'Mockingjay 1', Jennifer Lawrence even proved herself a singing talent, releasing the song 'The Hanging Tree'. By the way, the grand film finale 'Mockingjay 2' is coming to cinemas in the November of 2015. We would not be surprised if Miss Lawrence aka Katniss Everdeen were to earn another Oscar for this performance! Jennifer Lawrence is an absolute audience favourite, in part thanks to her natural manner without affectations – which is also reflected by her style: Hair, make-up, clothing – not dressed to kill, but authentic, naturally beautiful and first class.
Jennifer Lawrence’s Updo:
- Jennifer Lawrence at Producers Guild Of America Awards
- © Getty Images
Elfish: The best producers in the movie business were once again recognised at this year’s 'Producers Guild Of America Awards' – and Hollywood star Jennifer Lawrence presented an award. On the red carpet, the 25-year-old was charming with a lovely look that appeared glamorous yet summery light and totally relaxed. With a flowing, cream-coloured evening dress featuring a glamorous, glittering décolleté, Jennifer Lawrence pinned up her hair into a highlight: Side parting, gentle waves, pinned loosely but 'disciplined' at the back of the neck. Simply gorgeous!
Casual and feminine, this hairstyle not only makes a grand appearance on the red carpet – it is ideal for hot summer night parties too! And really easy to create: For your next rooftop, garden or beach party – we show you how to create the beautiful actress’s star style:
Step-by-step star style:
1. After washing, massage a mandarin-sized portion (or more with long hair) into your hair and form a low side parting. Extra tip: Also work the mousse in at the hairline, it makes for great volume!
2. Now apply some heat protection spray to the hair and blow dry it with a round brush, giving the mane a natural sweep.
3. The light waves in the fringe and on the sides are best conjured up with a straightening iron. Separate the sections and spray on some more heat protectant. To create a natural, casual look, only twist the styler very slightly.
4. Separate small sections on the crown and tie the rest of the hair into a chignon at the nape of the neck with a hair elastic. Then loosely pin the separated strands to the chignon at the back of the head with bobby pins. Extra tip: This look can also be styled with short cuts! Just twist the hair loosely at the nape of the neck and secure it with bobby pins. Don’t worry if a few strands happen to escape: that makes the effect even more casual!
5. Finally, secure the style with hair lacquer and you are done!