Trendy Hairstyles – Slicked Back Hair
- A model demonstrates the trendy slicked back hairstyle
- © Getty Images
Back-styled hair is ideal for hot summer days. Long or shoulder-length hair is slicked back using hair gel for a fresh casual style. The styling works with hair of any colour. We illustrate styling options and provide step by step styling instructions
In our photo gallery, models demonstrate the slicked back hairstyle for hair of various length, colour, and structure. Notice how the hairstyle changes the facial appearance.
The slicked back hairstyle stands for no-frill style. This style is expressed in the hairstyle with slicked back long or shoulder-length hair. The side hair as well as the hair above the forehead is slicked back using hair gel. The hair on the crown of the head has some volume while gel holds the side hair close to the scalp. The hair is allowed to fall open in a natural way. The styling is suitable for occasions from casual leisure times to gala dinners. The wet styling is particularly appealing on hot summer days.
Styling Instructions for Slicking Back Long or Shoulder-Length Hair
It is important to avoid the appearance of perfection!
1. Apply styling mousse to the hair close to the roots before blow-drying the front hair out of your face.
2. You may want to add volume to the hair on the crown of your head using volumising powder close to the hair roots, by teasing it or by lifting it away from the scalp as you blow-dry it.
3. Use your hands to push your hair straight back from the front hairline. Apply hair gel to the side hair to create the wet appearance.
4. Apply salt spray to the hair ends to create a tousled looking structure.
5. Then apply hairspray to keep the hairstyle intact or secure the styling with the help of bobby pins.
The trendy slicked back hairstyle can be interpreted in several ways.
Five Decisions to Make before Slicking back your Hair
1. How much volume do you wish to create on the crown of your head?
2. How do you want to use the hair gel (on the sides only or also on top) and how much of it do you want to use?
3. How much do you want to tousle the hair ends?
4. Do you want to pull the hair ends forward over your shoulders or allow it to hang straight back?
5. What type of makeup do you want to wear (nude makeup or dark smokey eyes)