Fresh New Updo Ideas
- Say Good-bye to austere looking updos! Willa Holland shows how. Her loosely gathered hair enhances her youthful radiance
- © Getty Images
Updos have a long tradition as styling solutions for all events and circumstances when wearing a ponytail seems too casual and austere chignons simply do not fit your style. Young stars like Willa Holland look charmingly young and sassy wearing modern casual updos
Modern updos are not only creative and fresh they are also easy to style. This applies in particular to the updo versions from undone to messy. The arsenal of artistic updo elements includes twists, twirls, braids and accessories. There is no end to personal expression. Yet with all this variation, simplicity remains the common theme.
Twirling Your Hair into an Updo
Actress Willa Holland shows how to integrate twirled hair elements into a decidedly young looking updo, which lacks all attempts at a serious or austere appearance. The young actress is more likely to steal our hearts than to impress us (see the photos above and below).Twirled strands of hair are arranged in the back of the head. This kind of styling works on the fly and is versatile to boot. With a few twists and twirls your hairstyle changes with hardly any effort at all as long as you have a few bobby pins at hand. Our instructions show how to pep up your updo and how to create Willa Holland’s updo. It is easy!
Instructions: How to Style the Willa-Holland Updo
- Willa Holland’s almost undone updo
- © Getty Images
1. For ease of styling work a hazelnut-sized dollop of styling mousse through your hair.
2. Create a side parting; then separate an about 3 to 4 inch wide strand of hair on either side of the parting. These strands will be styled last.
3. Gather the remaining hair in the back randomly taking large or small strands of hair and twirling them around before securing them in the back of your head with bobby pins.
4. Comb the left out strands of hair right and left of the parting and secure them underneath the twirled strands of hair with hidden bobby pins.
5. Pull a few strands of hair free to emphasise the undone style.
6. Finally, apply hairspray for longer hold.
Would you rather like to braid than twirl your hair? It is your choice. In our gallery, you find beautiful modern updos for your inspiration. Styling instructions are included if you want to try your hand on one of the stylish updos.
In his video tutorial with step by step instructions, Schwarzkopf hair expert Armin Morbach demonstrates how to create updos.