Festive Hairstyles for Long Hair
- High gloss: The ponytail à la Balmain guarantees a grand entrance
- © Getty Images
Last-minute luxury: You don’t have a lot of time but want grand glamour for the holiday season – especially in your hair? We show you how to style your long mane into sensational highlight hair in next to no time. Minimum effort, maximum glamour effect. See for yourself...
Let’s get glamorous! Advent, Christmas, New Year’s Eve: The holidays are right around the corner. You are already filled with pleasant anticipation when you think of all the parties, events and festivities? If you love an extraordinary appearance and like to make yourself beautiful, you naturally need a festive hairstyle in addition to the perfect outfit! (Tip: Instead of a low neckline, choose decorative highlights or extravagant collars to accentuate your décolleté this year.) Elegantly presented, opulently curled or elaborately wrapped – our gallery features festive hairstyles for long hair that look more elaborate than they really are.
- A case for Balmain: The French fashion creator presents the high-tied ponytail
- © indigitalimages.com
Long Live the Ponytail
The higher the ponytail, the better the party? Definitely! Balmain chooses the sleek version and elevates the high-top ponytail to highlight hair. Our step-by-step instructions tell you how the party crasher works.
What you need: Brush, heat protectant, straightening iron, hair oil, hair elastic, hair clips and (gloss) hairspray
How it’s done:
1. Thoroughly brush your dry hair and spray it with heat protectant.
2. Take the straightening iron and work your hair strand by strand until it is sleek.
3. Apply a small portion of hair oil to the hairline and distribute it by spreading it straight back, gathering the hair into a ponytail tied really high.
4. Take out a strand and tie off the rest of the ponytail with the hair elastic.
5. Wrap the strand you pulled out around the ponytail, hiding the hair elastic, and secure the whole thing with hair clips.
6. Finally apply (gloss) hairspray to the style and you are done!