Updos for Medium-Length Hair
- Rooney Mara has gathered her medium-length hair in a high chignon. The hair above her forehead is draped in a bow across her forehead
- © Getty Images
Shoulder-length hair is suitable for many cool updos. In our photo gallery, we show updo styles from casual to sophisticated. With our step by step instructions your updos will turn out stylish and last through the day
Styling Instructions: Rooney Mara’s Chignon with Hair Bow across the Forehead
If you mostly wear your shoulder-length hair in beach waves or a trendy bob you may want to consider adding a few casual and elegant updos to your arsenal of hairstyles. Rooney Mara demonstrates how a surprising style element like the hair bow across her forehead can spice up the familiar high chignon. Simply follow our step by step styling instructions to create your version of this hairstyle.
Styling Tools: Styling comb, extra-gloss hairspray, hair gel, scrunchy, bobby pins, and hairspray
- Comb your hair straight and apply extra-gloss hairspray.
- Use a styling comb to separate a strand of hair above your forehead in such a way that a short parting runs from the hairline upward toward the crown of the head.
- Apply a small amount of hair gel for better manageability.
- Gather the hair in the back of the head to an austere high chignon.Drape the separated strand of hair above the forehead in a bow across the forehead. Secure the end of this bow using bobby pins.
- Use hairspray to secure the hairdo.
You find several other beautiful updos for medium-length hair in our photo gallery. Step by step instructions are included.