The 2016 Beard Guide
- Bearded Brad: From the anchor to the moustache – the actor can wear anything
- © Getty Images
From the Fu Manchu to the chin curtain: What looks good on men’s faces this year? We present the season’s beard trends and explain the hottest looks cut by cut. Also: washing, trimming and twirling – the best care tips and styling tricks for fashionable bearded men
Good prospects for growth: Beards are very popular again in 2016, enriching men’s styling with different variations and lengths. To see what beard types are especially hot right now, what defines them and how to style them, visit our gallery:
The Best Beard Care Tips
- Wash your beard regularly. Special beard shampoo would be ideal but a mild hair shampoo also does the trick. Shower gel is not suitable since it strips away natural oils and can dry out your facial hair.
- Pamper your skin and (beard) hair with a facial peeling now and then. With regular application, it reduces the number of ingrown hairs.
- Sometimes skin gets irritated in response to beard growth and begins to itch. Avoid scratching in this case, since it only worsens the problem. It is better use a light moisturising cream to ease the itch and care for your skin.
- Transform wiry to velvety: Beard oil makes both the facial hair and skin supple in addition to balancing the complexion. Drizzle two or three drops on the fingertips and gently massage it into your beard.