Celebrities discovered the high chignon long ago, wearing it with anything from the casual all-day look to a glamorous gala dress. That works because the hair knot – albeit always with a slightly undone look – appears highly feminine and classy. Few hairdos accomplish the balancing act between cosy stay-at-home hair and elegant event hairstyle as successfully as the popular high bun.
Why the Top Knot is so Popular:
- The high bun appears wonderfully uncomplicated, adding that congenial something to any festive occasion. According to the motto: aiming high while keeping your feet on the ground.
- The hairstyle is timeless and especially ageless. Young girl or mother, Chrissy Teigen or Julianne Moore, everyone looks great with this chignon.
- The high hair knot is extremely versatile and can be styled as desired. Twirled up severely or styled more loosely as a messy bun – the trendy hairdo is a companion for all life situations.
- It makes us taller (yes, every inch counts!), lengthens the neck and thus makes us appear even more feminine.
- The high chignon goes well with any styling: it makes elegant looks and business outfits appear less severe, casual styles more romantic and feminine.
- Curls, waves, straight hair? No matter, you can do the twist with any hair structure.
- Take it easy! The top knot is probably the world’s most straightforward updo, perfectly knotted in just a few steps.
Hair Styling Instruction: High Bun
You too want to try this fabulous knot? Do the hairstyle-to-have yourself in just five simple steps!
What you need: Dry shampoo, hairbrush, 2 hair elastics, hair clips, hairspray
1. For added grip and extra hold, first work some dry shampoo into your hairline.
2. Comb the hair over your head with a brush into a ponytail and secure it with a hair elastic.
3. Twirl the ponytail until it nestles around the hair elastic like a chignon quasi on its own.
4. Take another hair elastic and wrap it around the knot.
5. Then secure the high bun with hairspray and you are done!