Many women are concerned that a short haircut will make them appear masculine. However, short cuts can be very sexy, feminine and provide a variety of styling options. Also, in 2017, short hair is very much back in style. Dramatic, trendy, feminine and charming – all these looks can be styled with just one cut.
A stylish short haircut can work for all ages and hair colors. Going short is also ideal for fine hair, allowing opportunities for more volume without a lot of blow drying. Important: A short style should always be selected based on what works best for the wearer’s face and head shape.
Why a short haircut?
Not sure if you should make the leap from long to short? Here are some good reasons why:
- Short hair shows confidence: Particularly at work, short-haired women impart a serious, strong vibe.
- Short hair is dynamic: A trendy short haircut makes the wearer seems bright and alert – this is how others will perceive you.
- Short hair is versatile: Short hair is incredibly changeable – not only the details of the cut, but also the way it can be styled.
- Short hair provides focus: All eyes will be on your face and neck – or your bright red lips and statement necklace.
- Short hair is cool: Enjoy the breeze in summer – no more sweating under a long mane.
- Short hair is youthful: If styled right – for example, into a trendy, voluminous quiff – short hair can knock a good few years off your look.
- Short hair provides a fresh start: If hair is badly damaged, sometimes only a radical cut will help. Or perhaps a new life stage awaits you – a new short style can provide fresh energy for this, too.
If you have very long hair, try testing out a shorter look with one of the many bob options on offer. Currently hot is the long bob, aka “lob”: Why not try a tousled lob or choppy lob?
Short hair: How to style it
Just because your hair is short doesn’t mean you can’t create a new look every day! Hairpins and clips help rearrange your look, and accessories like headbands provide variety.
After washing, use mousse for better hold. Then blow dry hair using a circular or paddle brush. Professional tip for even more volume at the roots: Use a fine plastic comb to lift roots, and blow dry roots while combing through.
For hold and finish, use a little hair spray or gloss spray. This will help maintain your style until the next wash. And, for a quick freshen-up and more volume, use a dry shampoo.