Leap into spring! Detox is on the agenda for many as they prepare to leave the cold winter months behind them. A detoxification treatment revitalises body and spirit. Cleaning, purging, re-energising – spring cleaning for your hair polishes your mane to a brilliant lustre. Freezing temperatures, dry heated air, snow, rain and constantly wearing hats during the cold time of year really stress your hair. Looking fine, not floppy is the goal. Join us in our detox offensive.
Time for an In-Depth Pampering Treatment
But those who think more is better are mistaken. Too much care quickly makes hair stringy and heavy due to excessive product deposits. The right care is what counts. Then a brilliant look is your reward. All you need: A deep-cleaning shampoo, a soft peeling, a gentle conditioner and a bit of time!
Hair Detox: Deep Cleaning
Special shampoos (deep repair or detox shampoos) thoroughly clean the hair fibres, gently remove residues and wash out everything that weighs down and damages the structure. Care products should not contain silicones or artificial aromas and fragrances, since you want to free your hair of all that.
The deep repair regime should be performed about twice a month. You can (or should) take a little extra time to apply the detoxification treatment properly and allow it to work – as they say: Cooler heads prevail!
Sunday for example is the perfect day for an extensive detox session. Take the afternoon for yourself and dedicate yourself entirely to hair care. Deposits and signs of stress that have accumulated throughout the week are effectively purged from your hair, giving you a fresh start for the week!
How Deep Cleaning Works:
- Thoroughly comb your hair each time before you wash it to remove coarse residues. A boar bristle brush is ideal here. Boar bristles are highly absorptive and firm enough to get down to the roots.
- Choose a deep cleaning shampoo (for instance from Schauma: silicone-free CARE SHAMPOO) and gently massage it into your hair. Circular movements stimulate circulation, supplying your scalp with extra nutrients. Then rinse the shampoo out thoroughly.
- Your scalp can use a gentle deep treatment every once in a while too. A peeling does the trick. Apply it like you would on the face and neck: Massage the hair peeling into your scalp with circular motions and then spread it through your hair from the roots to the tip. Rinse everything out thoroughly. By the way: You can quickly prepare a gentle peeling yourself. Our suggested formula is found below.
- To remove all residues of the peeling, wash your hair a second time with the detox shampoo.
- Now apply a mild conditioner (for instance from Gliss Kur: Serum Deep-Repair rinse) to supply your hair with extra moisture!
- Last but not least: Rinse your hair with cold water to close the cuticle. This produces an irresistible gloss effect!
Deep Cleaning: Detox Deluxe
Spring cleaning: If the hair detoxification treatment is not enough for your, a detox diet can mobilise your inner beauty. This has a positive effect on hair health as well. Even the basics are sufficient. Simply give up everything that isn’t good for your body. That includes coffee, cigarettes, sugar and white flour. You can also eliminate animal products from the menu during the detox treatment. Meat, sausage, yoghurt and milk are acidic and can cause fatigue and tiredness. Fruit and vegetables on the other hand give you more power. A delicious smoothie (mixed yourself) in the morning is the perfect way to start your day.
Tip: Our Schwarzkopf Power Smoothie Mix
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 handful baby spinach (about 120g)
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 grapefruit (about 150g)
- 1-2 celery sticks
- Juice of half a lemon
- 150 ml water
Throw everything in the blender, mix and enjoy!
DIY: Hair Peeling
Say goodbye to styling residue. And hello to strong hair! We have a do-it-yourself hair peeling for you.
All you need: 1 cup rhassoul powder, 1 package baking powder, 1 TBSP honey
How it’s done: Mix the rhassoul powder with lukewarm water to make a slurry. Now add the baking powder and honey, then massage the mixture into your scalp and hair. Since baking powder not only cleans but also bleaches, allow the self-made peeling to work for no longer than four to five minutes. If your hair is coloured, using a ready-made product is a better idea (for instance Schwarzkopf Professional BC Hair + Scalp Deep Cleansing Pre-Shampoo Peeling).